- 125g tender oat flakes or oat and spelt flake mixture
- 50g flour (wheat or spelt)
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 45g raw cane sugar or sugar as desired
- 100g butter or margarine
- 40g maple syrup or agave syrup
- milk or vegetable drink if required
- Preheat the oven to 200°C top/bottom heat (180°C fan oven) and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the oats, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. If you don’t like it so sweet, use only 30g sugar. Add softened butter and maple syrup and knead into a smooth dough. If it seems too crumbly, you can add a little milk.
- Now form 12 balls about the size of a walnut and place them on the baking tray. Make sure there is enough space between them. Finally, flatten the balls to the desired thickness, bearing in mind that the dough pieces will still spread a little during baking. The thinner, the crispier.
- Finally, bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. Then leave them to cool. After baking, the biscuits are very soft and then when they cool they become crispy.
- The last step:
SET THE COFFEE TABLE AND ENJOY!!!
P.S.: If there are any left, store them in an airtight tin.